Customer Service Agent
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Customer Service
Publish Date: August 10, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Do you have strong attention to detail and enjoy interacting with people? This is not an ordinary customer service role. Learn the intricacies of air-freight operations and help provide essential services throughout Alaska! Dynamic, team-oriented environment. Great benefits, including travel perks. Northern Air Cargo is a well-established company in business for 60+ years.
- Provides customer information and sells NAC services both on the phone and in person.
- Quotes rates, executes air bills, tracks shipments, and arranges pick up or delivery of freight.
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and performs database management in JetStream.
- Handles cash shipments, credit cards and customer accounts.
- Self-audit airway bills and other documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months related experience and/or training required.
- Must be able to interact well with customers.
- Must be highly proficient at multi-tasking.
- Need strong attention to detail.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Need to be a self-starter.
- Presents a friendly and professional image to the public.
- Must be able to work under flexible customer service demands.
- Must be able to type accurately and use a ten key.
- Regular attendance and shift work is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and receive TSA clearance to operate in secure area
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and interoffice memos.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to write routine business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, in person, and over the telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, and listen.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.