Credit and Collections Associate
Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: November 20, 2018
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire a Credit & Collections Associate. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
This position is responsible for the protection, reporting and collection of the trade accounts receivable assets and the control of credit extension.
- Act as the on-site credit liaison for TMAK in Federal Way, representing the Credit function through participation in meetings, troubleshooting accounts, and ensuring proper flow of TMAK policy and procedures to Credit Team.
- Manage trade accounts receivable portfolio for assigned customers and all the adjunct responsibilities that go with managing the AR portfolio (credit reviews, held orders, placement for collection/legal, and concise communication of expected results)
- Provide support to TMAK Credit department and Commercial Sales team. Support will include cross-training on various TMAK accounts, serving as back-up for other Credit Associate’s absence, and participation in weekly TMAK Credit meetings.
- Minimize DSO and delinquent accounts through concise communication with customers, outlining payment expectations and ensuring balances are addressed and resolved timely
- Display a customer centric focus (internally and externally) and to be able to have direct engagement with customers to resolve open balances
- Daily monitoring of non-credit approved customers for cash shipments to ensure collection
- Review and resolve issues with customers on credit hold
- Conduct research on overpayments and prepare refund packages, as necessary
- Assess of customer lines of credit within trade receivables to ensure the issuance of appropriate credit lines, risk levels, and compliance with the credit limit
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits to be approved by Senior Credit Manager and Management
- Working in tandem with the Department Manager, provide guidelines and procedures for and inter-departmental processes with the goal of maximizing cash flow through improved procedures.
- Resource for the development, testing, and implementation of the customer support systems as it affects Credit & Collections.
- Ad-Hoc Analysis as required supporting the financial function
- Ensure quality and adherence to corporate performance duties
- Assist Sr. Credit & Collections Manager in the timely reporting to management regarding past due accounts and major account balances
- Bachelor’s degree required (in accounting, finance, business or related field) or a combination of work experience and associates degree.
- Six years commercial collections experience, preferably in the transportation industry.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of laws regulating credit and collection practices.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place