Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: April 10, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for delivering products and materials in liquid, solid, loose, or package form.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Conducts thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles being operated, in accordance with established company policies and procedures, reporting discrepancies
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport in accordance will all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Operates a box truck in order to deliver customer freight in a variety of locations and environments
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Pickup orders at warehouse prepare for delivery
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities as assigned based on customer needs
- Field incoming calls responding appropriately and timely to customer inquiries
- May be required to perform basic emergency roadside repairs
- Update PeopleNet based on pick up orders
- Maintain telephone or PeopleNet contact with terminal dispatcher/warehouse to receive instructions
- Accurately maintain courier stop-logs
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- One to two years' caurier driving expereince preferred
- Previous material handling, HAZMAT, and forklift experience preferred
- Valid driver's license required