Corporate Training Director
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: December 16, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
This role is responsible for overseeing the quality of training delivered across Northern Aviation Services in general and specifically the development of Employee Development and Compliance related training. This role will operate in a decentralized training environment and will be successful by collaborating with employees across multiple Operating Companies and functions to determine the best methods to meet training objectives.
This role will be the recognized subject matter expert on appropriate training and material development and delivery approaches based on need (including CBT, classroom, virtual) and LMS system.
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $250 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance, management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our nearly 1,200 employees are committed to providing safe, reliable service for our valued customers, which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve. NAC is also a member of the Civil Reserve Air Fleet in support of the US Department of Defense.
- Design talent solutions that meet desired business outcomes and create exceptional customer experience for executives, managers, HR leaders, and employees.
- Develop and implement training standards for all delivery options and develop criteria for determining the optimum method for training delivery (i.e. CBT, Classroom, Virtual, etc.) based on the required content and learning objectives
- Own the development and as needed assist in delivery of courses for a variety of topics including; employee onboarding, Employee, Supervisor and Management development, Ethics and Compliance related topics as well as additional corporate/management topics identified by NAS management.
- Since training is delivered NAS-wide, OpCo-wide and owned by individual departments (i.e. Flight Operations, Maintenance, Cargo Operations, Safety and Security) you will work collaboratively with an internal group of stakeholders to agree on and follow a set of training quality standards
- Develop and maintain a Learning Management System to track course delivery and completion
- Measure the outcomes of projects, and process improvements and leverage results to inform business decisions
- Develop and manage the NAS annual Training budget
- Act as focal point for managing all training programs offered by Saltchuk, the parent company
- Develop and manage training feedback processes for all training delivered in NAS to continually assess training quality and impact and make recommendations for required changes
- Review training provided throughout the company and guide improvement to increase knowledge retention and value to the learners
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- In depth knowledge of adult learning principles and how they can be applied to best in class training and educational offerings
- Strong Project Management skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing and delivering effective, interactive, accessible, and inclusive training (including virtual, computer based and in person) with practical learning outcomes for adult learners
- Four-year college degree or relevant experience in Training and Adult Education
- Public speaking and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a diverse staff. Ability to develop and deliver high quality presentations
- Experience operating in ambiguous and changing environments, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders and lead teams of peers to deliver results
- Strong understanding of key industry tools such as Learning Management Systems, facilitation and design software
- Strong training development and delivery skills
- Hands-on/roll-up-your-sleeves approach, ability to be a team member or team leader as required
- Collaborative team player, strong relationship building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Solid communicator that can provide constructive criticism and build capabilities with outstanding verbal, written and listening skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently; high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to influence through collaboration and relationships rather than formal control
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.