Corporate Development Manager / Sr Financial Analyst
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: January 13, 2022
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Saltchuk seeks a Corporate Development Manager or Senior Financial Analyst depending on level of experience. In this Corporate Development role you will partner with the senior leaders across multiple functions and businesses to further develop the corporate investing strategy. The person in this high visibility role will support the evaluation of a wide range of business opportunities, including M&A, divestitures, investments, joint ventures and other strategic options. In addition, responsibilities will include company and market research, financial analysis and modeling, business valuation write-ups and recommendations, and playing a meaningful role on transaction execution.
This position plays a key, active role on a team that drives corporate transactions across 6 business industries and more than 25 operating companies. This person will own the financial analyses that guides decision-making among senior business leaders. Many assignments will be highly ambiguous and require an independent, intellectually curious individual who can frame situations through multiple lenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supports the overall execution of the Company’s capital and investing activities.
- Responsible for developing financial, economic, and operational models to guide strategic decision making.
- Provides intelligence and recommendations on industry or company targets, including conducting in-depth industry and market research.
- Develops and supports communications, presentations, and discussion documents in support of divestiture, acquisition, and partner discussions.
- Manages the due diligence process, including working with investment bankers, internal partners, or others to gather, organize, verify, and prioritize information needed for due diligence requests.
- Maintains various relevant reporting documents including a pipeline of acquisition candidates for various segments of the business.
- Works closely with business leaders and/or operating company leaders on special projects as needed.
- Builds relationships across the organization, works collaboratively, and leads by example.
- Other duties as assigned in support of Saltchuk’s business objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, or economics required.
- MBA strongly desired.
Experience and Skills
- 3-7 years of related experience, including at least 3 years of experience with merger and acquisitions at an investment bank, private equity firm, or corporate development group of a larger company, or related experience required.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, including significant experience in financial modeling, valuation, and financial statement analysis.
- Experience in financial due diligence and valuation analysis.
- Proven ability to manage wide array of diligence processes and organize multiple constituents.
- Good eye and intuition for business rationale and results.
- Highly proficient in application of spreadsheets, analytical, and presentation tools.
- Successful track-record of working on teams to support mergers and acquisitions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and at a fast pace with cross-functional teams as well as work collaboratively, building relationships with a variety of partners.
- Ability to balance big picture with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.