Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Finance, Management, Trucking
Publish Date: May 24, 2021
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The Controller leads the planning, coordination, audit and reporting of all company financial affairs to ensure our actions comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position supervises the GL Accounting, cash receipts, A/P and payroll departments.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Ensures we keep an accurate and reconciled general ledger, covering all books, records, supporting documentation, assets and liabilities for any company transaction while complying with US GAAP. Provides written comparative reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepares and reports weekly cash projections to make sure we meet all treasury commitments and maximize asset investment yields according to policy.
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other fiscal soundness matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the annual and multi-year budgets, financial forecasts, out-side audits, and both institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyzes and reports variances.
- Helps establish key performance indicator benchmarks for all areas of the company and devises institutional learning and control templates on process reviews.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates the department personnel to keep staff ready to meet company needs and objectives and may take corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Provides advice, guidance and direction to managers for their professional development.
- Oversees and manages the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Helps establish major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Develops our tax strategy, sets depreciation rates, and complies with all federal, state, local, payroll, and other applicable tax or ERISA requirement and related payments. Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property and casualty losses and other forms of risk.
- The controller is responsible to provide effective financial controls for the organization.
- Maintains a master regulatory and compliance calendar for the company.
- Represents the CFO at designated meetings.
- Provides accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Participates in all regular line manager meetings at least once a month to review KPI’s.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience with five to seven years’ experience in a senior financial management role
- CPA/CMA preferred