Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: February 11, 2021
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Great opportunity with growing company. If you have good analytical skills, strong attention to detail, solid computer skills and an interest in compliance, keep reading! Provide support to ensure the Northern Aviation Services (NAS) compliance program functions at a high level and meets all company objectives. Assist with monitoring compliance requirements at all operating companies. This is a non-exempt position with a salary range of $22.42 – 32.24 per hour.
- Assist with the development, execution and monitoring of NAS and Operating Company compliance reviews, including but limited to:
- corporate policies and procedures (P&Ps)
- compliance plans
- compliance records and information
- status reports
- business continuity plans
- Assist with the documentation and communication of findings identified through the monitoring activities, highlighting trends and potential risks
- Maintain databases and workflows in software systems utilized by the department, including but not limited to:
- compliance management
- risk management system
- Monitor the compliance management email/communication and log risk events as reported and assist with follow-up.
- Assist with due diligence activities for regulatory compliance programs, legal matters and other related issues.
- Maintain other databases and information on corporate SharePoint sites and in department shared computer drives.
- Assist with training of NAS and Operating Companies personnel on department procedures, contractual requirements, etc.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have minimum of three years administrative experience or a combination of related experience and education.
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Prior compliance experience is a plus, but not required.
- Requires working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. SharePoint is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Demonstrate good time management and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively under pressure
- Must exercise good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions within a scope of assigned authority.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive clearance from TSA.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to read and understand general business documents, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers or other company personnel
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and sometimes stand.
- The employee will need to see (including close vision), speak and hear.
- Manual dexterity is required for input into or manipulation of spreadsheets, composing composition and reports, etc.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.