Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Legal
Publish Date: November 5, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE is looking for a new team member to provide oversight of our company-wide Compliance Program to create a world-class environment consistent with leadership ethics expectations and in compliance with requirements of Federal Guidelines. The ideal candidate not only possesses superior knowledge of and experience with Business Ethics Best Practices, but also practices the leadership skills and personal integrity to command respect for those practices.
The Compliance Manager provides direct support and leadership to the Company’s Compliance and Ethics Program. The position reports directly to the SVP, General Counsel and Chief Ethics Officer who serves as the Company’s Chief Compliance Officer.
To apply for this job please visit www.google.com.
Provide support to Company’s Compliance and Ethics Program (“Program”) and assist the General Counsel in the following areas:
● Oversight of Company-wide Program to create a world-class environment consistent with leadership ethics expectations and in compliance with requirements of Federal Sentencing Guidelines;
● Identification and continual review/update of a comprehensive list of Program Risks and mitigation measures;
● Administration and continuous review/improvement of policies and programs that support and enhance the Program;
● Development and implementation of training and communication strategies and interventions that encourage Company employees to report suspected or actual non-compliance with Company policies, laws or regulations, and report other improprieties without fear of retaliation or reprisal;
● Collaboration with a cross-functional team across business units to establish and administer compliance training program (live and online) that supports the Program, including tracking, assessment, course development and refinement;
● Management of the Company’s ethics hotline and ensure appropriate and timely investigations, responses and overall handling;
● Coordination of regular audits (internal and external) of the Program to ensure compliance and to identify where improvements or additional mitigation measures are needed;
● Facilitation of annual review and update Program policies and the Company’s code of conduct as needed;
● Preparation of period updates, reports and materials for the Company’s compliance committee
The successful candidate for this position should have the following educational background, skills and professional experience:
● BA/BS from undergraduate school with a business or related degree and superior academic accomplishment.
● Seven plus years of previous successful business experience which displays a work history of maintaining high ethical standards and personal integrity.
● Five or more years of experience at a company working in the compliance areas described above.
● Superior written and oral communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
● Excellent judgment and the capacity to make decisions and give advice which demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation.
● Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail.
● Flexibility of style as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
● Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments as needed to meet client needs.
● A high level of passion, self-motivation and sense of urgency