Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Risk Management, Safety, Trucking
Publish Date: August 7, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible to provide administrative support to all departments under the Safety and Compliance Director, performing such duties as document preparations, file and program maintenance, coordination of meetings and events, procurement, and other special projects. This position is a resource to drivers and dispatchers around HOS.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Generate HSSE alerts for Carlile.
- Maintain and perform data entry into systems such as: Origami, Beacon Insight, TruckMate, ISNETworld, SharePoint, and Regulatory programming.
- Manage Driver E-logs in PeopleNet: train dispatchers. Managers, and drivers.
- Electronic Driver Qualification files within Beacon Insight-Drivers & Owner Operators.
- Communicate CSA scores and monthly trend reports
- Maintain and monitor roadside inspections utilizing Vigillo, FMCSA and Data Q
- Maintain rosters for JBER, Alyeska, and Port of ANC
- Create workflows for HAZMAT, Safety, and Regulatory Compliance with support of other departments
- Conduct Hours of Service training for new driver/ dispatchers in orientation and retraining as needed
- Conduct DOT driver qualification file audits
- Assist with managing Safety Data Sheets – Hazcom standard program
- Assist during various audits including OSHA, DOT and customer audits
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports: Work hours, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), etc.
- Assist with special projects for safety and compliance
- Cross-train and back-up all individuals under the Safety and Compliance Director
- Continually works to improve their own knowledge and professional development through self-study, involvement with local/regional associations, and participate in approved off-site training opportunities.
- R-stamp update.
- Manage UST reports, process, maintenance monthly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two to Four years previous experience in Health, Safety, Security, Environment, or Regulatory Compliance field preferred; experience in trucking industry is also preferred