Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: June 4, 2021
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
This position is responsible for supporting NorthStar Energy’s shared service Credit and Collection function at the direction of the Credit Manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Maintain credit files for all consumer and commercial accounts, including but not limited to system maintenance of customer account information such as name, address, telephone, contact information, closing of accounts, etc.
- Process new customer applications, review submission – ensuring all necessary documents are provided for a credit decision to be determined: recommend credit approval/limit for Credit Manager for review and approval.
- Set up new customer accounts in system once approved.
- Monitor and contact assigned customers regarding payment status to ensure invoice payment is received within terms. Reconcile customer accounts that have disputes or billing issues and address concerns with internal and external customers. Provide customer service and account reconciliation.
- Make direct calls for collection purposes, skip tracing, process demand letters and submit seriously delinquent accounts to outside agency for collection once approved.
- Assist and work with sales and our sites’ office staff to request collection or issue resolution assistance as needed.
- Partner and coordinate with internal customers on credit questions, account disputes, and processes.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency, recommend solutions and discuss them with Credit Manager.
- Process Energy Assistance Heating Fuel Grants/Notice of Action paperwork.
- Confer with credit associations and references to exchange credit information on mutual customers.
- Provide support, including special projects and ad hoc requests, for Credit Manager and Credit Analyst as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: 3 years office or credit/collection experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous credit and collection experience is a plus.
Proven excellent customer service skills and work ethics. Ability to be a team player with strong initiative.
Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
Professional verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, internal and external customers and the general public.
Sense of discretion and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
Familiarity with various credit reporting agencies (Dun & Bradstreet, Equifax, Experian).
Computer Skills: This individual should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word.