Cargo Support Supervisor
Company: TOTE Maritime Alaska
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: June 27, 2019
Company Description: TOTE companies love tradition, but we also explore the possibilities. It’s what we’re known for. Since setting sail as a one-ship company in 1975, TOTE Maritime Alaska has become the premier provider of ocean transportation service between the ports of Anchorage, Alaska and Tacoma, Washington. We operate a fleet of (RO/RO) cargo ships in addition to providing overland connections throughout greater Alaska, Canada and the Lower 48. We built our brand on talented people, smart investments, and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people, and our team is growing. Working at TOTE Maritime Alaska is about pursuit of excellence for our customers and respect for our Employees. We are always seeking people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We look for pride, integrity, grit, approachability and commitment. It’s important at TOTE Maritime Alaska to be able to work productively with others. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a great place to build one.
TOTE Maritime Alaska
TOTE Maritime Alaska, the leader in safe and reliable service to Alaska, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Cargo Support Supervisor for our Tacoma office to join our team.
The Cargo Support Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the Cargo Management Department (split shift). This group is responsible for ensuring bookings are allocated and managed for terminal operations, solving problems and fulfilling all aspects of the cargo management process. Supervisor also is responsible for coordinating operations with the terminal and providing excellent customer service.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise pre-approval process for customer’s hazardous shipments per the 49CFR and enter hazardous materials data into the back-office system. Answer questions regarding regulation and stipulations with confidence
- Supervises and participates in vessel cargo operations and coordination with terminals.
- Coordinates with terminal operations on capacity issues, prioritizing cargo and provides booking count to assist with planning.
- Supports Vehicle Department as needed.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and communicates with other departments regarding customer issues or other needs.
- Resolve various terminal issues at the gates, customer and vendor issues.
- Runs and audits various reports.
- Produces and analyzes data from the process for both internal and external clients.
- Create ideas for process and production improvements to meet company goals.
- Supervise and participate in the notification, scheduling and transportation of loads and empties to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Monitor equipment needs and customer pools based on booking levels, releases, trailer tracing, customer profile and transloads.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to six years transportation (trucking and/or shipping) experience, with at least one of those years in a supervisory role.
- DOT 49CFR HazMat Carrier Requirements (Water)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place