Cargo Sales Manager
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Sales
Publish Date: October 8, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Join the Northern Air Cargo, (NAC), sales team in promoting and selling air cargo services to and from rural Alaska and building brand loyalty throughout the state. Responsible for assigned territory and industry, developing relationships and providing excellent customer service, and promoting the NAC brand to leverage new business, retain current customers and maximize revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to develop and in-depth knowledge of assigned territory and industry, solicit NAC business, and to develop brand recognition and loyalty.
• Coordinate and participate in community and customer appreciation events and represent NAC at trade association meetings and conventions in Anchorage and rural Alaska. Occasional travel out of state may be required.
• Track, report, and document customer meetings and contact. Provide updates and status on accounts on a regular basis both verbally and in writing.
• Propose pricing programs for customers and assist in the regular maintenance of these programs. Assist in the development of new pricing structures, products, and services to address customer needs.
• Gather market and industry information as needed for strategic use by NAC
• Partner with the customer relations team to ensure strong customer relationships and superior customer service. Assist team as necessary in preparing quotes, bids, contracts, and in customer relationship management.
• Participate in strategic planning efforts with marketing and community affairs staff and in the implementation of the department’s sales plan.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College degree or equivalent in experience in business, marketing, transportation, or logistics required. Valid Driver’s License.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, subordinates or other employees, customers and the general public.
OTHER SKILLS: Must be able to manage multiple priorities. A working knowledge of airfreight charter operations and services preferred, but not necessary. Understanding of or willingness to learn air freight rates and tariffs. Excellent customer service and selling skills required. Thorough understanding of strategic business planning, sales, marketing, and community relations a must. Familiarity with Alaska’s rural communities and Anchorage’s business community, a plus. Ability to do general mathematics and use Excel and other table based information for rates and pricing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Willingness to travel to rural Alaska and outside of Alaska 1-3 days per trip (10-30% of the time) is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.