Cargo Ops Assistant
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: September 3, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Assisting call center with verification of inbound/outbound freight
• Answering phones and assisting international operations by calling customers to advise that shipments or documents are ready.
• Reconciling of interline bills.
• Works closely with Sales department to research and close out claims.
• Updating customers of any delay
• Assisting with missing freight
• Filing of dangerous goods and live animal paperwork
• Typing forms, reports, correspondence, and notes.
• Performing routine clerical duties such as sorting, filing, relying messages.
• Assists Cargo Admin Assistant as needed.
• Other miscellaneous support duties as required.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to type a minimum of (35) words per minute.
• Familiar with standard office equipment.
• Ability to multitask and take instruction and guidance.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and exceptional phone etiquette required.
• 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
• Previous airline experience preferred.