Cargo Handling Specialist – Miami
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Warehouse
Publish Date: October 24, 2019
Company Description: Specializing in FCL, LCL and airfreight consolidations, Caribtrans has been moving cargo from across the US throughout the Caribbean since 1985. Originally started as a two-man operation, Caribtrans now has a staff of over 100 professionals stateside and abroad. Our one-on-one personalized service has made our name well known throughout the Caribbean market. We value our local relationships and have built a team that understands the cultures and local business customs on each of the islands and countries in Latin America. We are not a nine to five company. We work hard to ensure that our customers' needs come first no matter what the situation may be. Service is the essence of our existence and the definition of Caribtrans – a true complete cargo solution.
Inspects and receives cargo to protect the interest of Tropical and its customers. Verifies that cargo meets Tropical’s minimum requirements for cargo acceptance. Notifies Supervisor / Crew Leader for problem resolution when cargo does not meet Tropical requirements. Measures and documents the shipment’s size, type and characteristics along with complete written record of any discrepancies. Applies proper Tropical labels, according to cargo marks and paperwork, and enters correct data in the warehouse management system, preparing cargo for putaway. Operates a forklift as part of the receiving, stripping, or putaway processes. Puts away cargo in the proper location and documents that transaction properly in the warehouse management system.
To apply for this job please visit hrwppb06v.trophq.tropical.com.
Inspects cargo to ensure that cargo meets the Tropical receiving guidelines for acceptance.
2. Receives cargo by :
a. Verifying and documenting the count.
b. Ensuring that cargo matches description on the carrier's freight bill
c. Verifying and documenting cargo condition.
d. Properly noting exceptions (discrepancies) on the delivery agent's paperwork.
e. Checks for proper hazardous material documents.
f. Signs the delivery receipt, and accepts cargo in accordance with the receiving process.
3. Measures cargo and enters information into the warehouse management system or on hand tally.
4. Properly, accurately, and legibly, records all other required information on tally or in warehouse management system.
5. Prepares cargo for putaway by verifying paperwork, and placing cargo on pallets. Secures cargo to pallets with shrinkwrap and/or tape.
6. Applies labels to each handling unit, in accordance with company procedures.
7. Exhibits good customer service skills in communicating with customers, truckers, and vendors.
8. Performs and documents pre-shift forklift inspection.
9. Operates a forklift to unload delivery trucks and containers.
10. Assists in stripping cargo as needed.
11. Transfers large shipments from delivery truck directly into containers.
12. Keeps work area clean and free of all safety hazards at all times.
13. Performs all other assigned duties as requested.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months Tropical warehouse experience.
OSHA Certified in forklift operation
LICENSE: Valid State of Florida Drivers License