Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Aviation
Publish Date: February 22, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Responsible for purchasing material, equipment, tools and supplies for NAMS Repair Station by performing the following duties.
Northern Air Maintenance Services is a subsidiary of Northern Aviation Services and part of the Saltchuk family of companies. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable aviation services for our customers and create a place for employees to build long-term careers. Northern Air Cargo services customers in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, South America and the Caribbean
- Review Material Requisitions to ensure all information is clear and understandable, and that all purchases are authorized properly, and that the GL coding associated with that purchase is correct. Any Parts or Tools are over $5,000.00 per line item must have CP approval. All quotes (can be 3 to 15 quotes sometimes) and approvals will need to be scan to the PO, SV, RP, etc each line item.
- Research sources to find the best combination of price, quality and delivery. Minimum three quotes with prices and stock are required by CP for all items.
- Upload PN Master new PN’s with IPC for each P/N scans in to confirm it is effective to the aircraft. Vendor PN Master check the aircraft the the parts are effective too. QC will need to confirm interchangeable PN’s with an IPC from our manuals or from MFG.
- New Vendor Master upload new vendors as requested to purchase the parts. Request Wire or Check payments (request copy of the forms) with NAS accounting department, filled out the form request for wire or the check, General Manager sign approval.
- Place orders obtain trace certification. If certification isn’t a 8130-3 or CofC from MFG. All other certs need approval by QC inspection department before purchasing.
- Request shipping quotes from trucking companies. Request dimensions and weight of each item shipping from vendor arrange transportation.
- Review, follow-up all orders with shipping notes under PO lines items who was contacted, when email, shipping update details from vendor. Check expedite delivery of orders; negotiate freight settlements, arrange forwarding and clear invoice changes as necessary.
- Advise management and supervisors of procurement status.
- Develop and document operational procedures to govern the operation within his/her control.
- Ensure that all facilities, equipment and materials under his/her control are properly accounted for and maintained in a clean and professional manner.
- Maintain a desk log of significant activities within his/her area of responsibility. Provide activity reports to the Stockroom Manager and Lead as required.
- Keep the Stockroom Supervisor informed of events, situations, activities and problems that impact the cost-effective and timely performance of the position and contractual responsibilities.
- Maintain files in accordance with policies and/or as directed by the Stockroom Manager.
- Produce correspondence for signature and approval by the Stockroom Manager as required.
- Assist the Stockroom Lead in identifying, monitoring and disposition of surplus materials and equipment to current needs of NAMS.
- Act as liaison between Accounting, Management, Stockroom and other NAMS departments to promote best practice.
- Regular attendance is required. Overtime is requested when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a strong background in material control and procurement, including specific purchasing experience with five (5) or more years of experience in purchasing or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years working experience using personal computer and automated purchasing/inventory control systems.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised.
- Proficient in the proper use of TRAX software and able to instruct others in the proper use of the software.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers, word processing, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
- Travel to supplier locations and/or other NAC facilities to assist in problem solving may be required.
- Availability for weekend duty may be required on an on-call basis to support NAC’s requirements.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Working under a deadline and/or stressful situations
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.