Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Purchasing/Procurement
Publish Date: October 12, 2020
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
Do you possess a high level of Integrity and Ethics?
Are you detail oriented and analytical?
Are you a team player and self-driven?
Are you proactive and enjoy multi-tasking?
If you answered yes to these questions, TOTE is looking for a Buyer like YOU!
What does a BUYER do?
TOTE’s buyers are responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services including, but not limited to, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and ship repair services. This position works with internal stakeholders as well as suppliers to prepare purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Support Specialist. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews requisitions. Solicits vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. Consults websites, catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain required information. Issues requests for quotations or bids as required. Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and places orders with suppliers. Selects vendors for purchase award based on TOTE’s purchasing policies and other criteria.
- Provides Guidance on method of procurement to be used by TOTE employees. Ensures requested purchases are within defined budgets and escalates any requested purchase which exceed forecast to management.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories to meet department standards and enters information into Company purchasing system.
- Will be required to ensure that all applicable documentation per customer contracts such as required insurance certificates, are on file, are current and up to date as well as any/all necessary procurement approvals are obtained prior to request for pending purchase order.
- Responsible for vendor management including regular business reviews to confirm vendor meets approval status and service standards at the company and corporate level. Any corrective action taken shall be documented in the purchasing directory for future reference to all buyers.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users. Communicates delivery delays to requestor real-time.
- Responsible for Order management ensuring correlation between Purchase Orders and Vendor Commitments. Duties also include working with Accounts Payable and Vendor to ensure mismatches between Purchase Orders and Invoices are corrected. May be required to send new vendor profile packets in accordance with current accounting procedures.
- Responsible for reporting Key Process Indicators and small business reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Procurement experience (1-2 years)
- Associate Degree or equivalent of work experience and education
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages (analytical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with Lawson accounting software a plus