Business Unit Controller
Company: Shoreside Logistics
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: July 30, 2020
The Controller is responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and financial statements, maintenance of accounting records, timely reporting of financial results, development of weekly projections, creation of the annual operating and capital plans, providing financial support and analysis to the executive team, dissemination of financial policies, periodic forecasting and management of finance/accounting staff under the direction of the Company President.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
- Ensure timely completion and accuracy of the monthly financial closing and financial statements in accordance with GAAP including detailed analytical review and analysis and explanation of fluctuations.
- Monthly review of operating results with executive team.
- Ensure all relevant balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and “certifying” to their correctness,
- Support business through development of meaningful operational analytics
- Produce weekly “Flash Report” forecasts and creation of an annual and 5 year operating plan.
- Participate in the annual audit and internal audit planning, work paper preparation and issue resolution processes.
- Management of accounting, fixed asset, banking, accounts payable and accounts receivable issues in coordination with TOTE Resources shared services function.
- Perform ongoing assessment of current financial systems and development of new processes and reports.
- Timely and effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Development of financial policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP and Saltchuk guidelines in addition to providing leadership on and ensure compliance with all financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Keep current on all financial accounting changes and updates that impact the organization, including implementation of new GAAP guidance where applicable.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of income and operating tax returns by providing financial data and analysis as required.
- Directly supervise employees in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems,
- Ensure desk manuals and procedures are in place and updated for all staff.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to access to the system after hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; MBA a plus
- Public Accounting experience; CPA a plus
- Knowledge of TruckMate Software a plus
- Minimum 8 years’ experience required