Bulk Line Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: August 24, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for driving diesel-powered trucks to transport and deliver bulk products.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures
- Inspect trucks and trailer(s)/ tankers for defects through pre-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment
- Maintain driver and maintenance logs (electronic and manual) according to State and Federal regulations as well as Carlile policies and procedures
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer
- Prepares bills of lading
- Be knowledgeable of multi-state DOT regulations as well as multi-Canadian province regulations
- Spot trailers to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain telephone radio, or PeopleNet contact with terminal dispatcher to receive instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or and company equipment
- May be requires to perform emergency roadside repairs
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Communicate with dispatch to receive instructions
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Class A CDL with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- One year of verifiable safe over-the-road (OTR)/Line driving experience
- Must have a current USA passport, or enhanced driver's license, and a clean record to enter Canada under Canadian law.