Box Truck Driver + $2 Per Hour Location Differential! ( $16.44 – $23.84)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: November 10, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Winner of the NBRI Circle of Excellence Award! “This award recognizes organizations that place a high value on employee experience and customer experience. These organizations demonstrate their dedication by conducting best in class survey research with NBRI and taking action based upon the results.”
Carlile prohibits discrimination due to race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
- Wellness Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan- after 2 years, 100% of 3% of eligible compensation
- Vacation Accrual
- 7 Holidays
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Conducts thorough pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles being operated, in accordance with established company policies and procedures, reporting discrepancies immediately
- Load/unload trucks and containers, lift materials, and identify, label, count, receive, and issue freight
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Operates a box truck in order to pick up and deliver customer freight in a variety of locations.
- Will prepare documents for pick-up and give information to dispatcher
- Pack and/or ship materials in compliance with DOT and hazardous materials regulations
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities as assigned
- Maintain telephone or PeopleNet contact with terminal dispatcher to receive instructions
- May be required to perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, light bulbs, and tire chains
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent
- Two to three years driving experience required
- CDL Class B required
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.