Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: January 11, 2019
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Lead and Supervise Customer Service activities to: optimize efficiency, maximize agent functional competency and ensure Booking Specialists are accessible through all customer channels. Ensure the Booking team has the development, skills, training, tools and processes to achieve superior customer service.
To apply for this job please visit employer.careerbuilder.com.
- Effectively lead and supervise Customer Service resources, tools, processes, reports and training opportunities to ensure the call center is exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure quality and productivity metrics are tracked and met as they relate to the booking process.
- Determine base staffing requirements and efficiently utilize resources to meet team performance expectations.
- Establish performance expectations and ensure agents receive weekly feedback based on these expectations. Monitor service level and response time metrics and overall team performance.
- Drive the development and continuous improvement of departmental operating procedures through the lesson learned (SOP) program. Ensure all processes and work instructions are reviewed, documented, updated and communicated.
- Work cross functionally with other business units to build relationships, identify continuous improvement opportunities, resolve issues, assess training needs and enhance communication.
- Drive the development and maintenance of functional resources. Ensure ongoing training and development to advance and reinforce skills.
- Conduct biweekly one-on-ones with direct reports to discuss individual performance, personal development and growth opportunities, as well as weekly team meetings.
- Ensure performance issues are discussed and documented according to TOTE’s policy.
- Lead the development of recognition programs to ensure team members are recognized for their contributions and achievements.
- Conduct formal performance evaluations each semester. Discuss: progress towards goals & objectives, competency gaps, growth and development opportunities, performance issues (if applicable) and career progression.
- Act as a role model within the organization; demonstrate a personal commitment to exceed customer expectations.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education / experience required.