Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: April 23, 2021
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
TOTE Puerto Rico is looking for a Booking Specialist that is detail-oriented, self-driven, and people-focused. If you enjoy delivering exceptional customer service while working on a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you!
The Booking Specialist is responsible for fulfilling all aspects of the cargo booking process for all cargo types and customer accounts.
As a Booking Specialist you will:
- Perform all aspects of the cargo booking process including customer call handling, back-office system data entry, and customer issue resolution
- Provide account coordination with customers and logistics companies to schedule pick up arrangements for cargo moves
- Generate weekly and monthly bookings for customers
- Monitor Web and EDI Bookings submitted by the customer for accuracy and completeness
- Manage the Booking Team Mail Box for customer requests
- Request and follows up on customer rate requests
- Provide support for Customer Service and Shipment Services teams
- Deliver front-line support to the customer
- Respond to each customer contact with courtesy and professionalism (telephone, email, Etc.)
- Build and enhances customer relationships at every touch point with our customers
- Inform customers of the applicable policies, regulations and rules that affect their shipments
- Promote electronic (Website and EDI) ways of doing business with TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
- Provide information to customers related to sailing schedules, equipment availability, container status, Routing, rates etc.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with internal employees and internal departments on a continuous basis
- Pursue continual learning opportunities pertaining to industry standards, regulatory requirements and general industry training
- Identify personal mistakes or errors in bookings processes and proactively works to avoid reoccurrences
- Effectively multi-tasks between the different modes of communication and methods of booking
- Superior telephone skills, personal contact of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Must possess excellent teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to Multi-task is a must
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred, but not required
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- One year of college or equivalent experience preferred
For TOTE Puerto Rico, shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE Puerto Rico team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We are equally committed to our own employees, fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE Puerto Rico History and Values, click here.
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits and professional development opportunities. To learn more about the benefits that TOTE offer, click here.