Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: April 10, 2019
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
The TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico Booking Specialist position is responsible for fulfilling all aspects of the cargo booking process for all cargo types and customer accounts.
• Performs all aspects of the cargo booking process including customer call handling, back-office system data entry, and customer issue resolution
• Provides account coordination with customers and logistics companies to schedule pick up arrangements for cargo moves
• Generates weekly and monthly bookings for customers
• Monitors Web and EDI Bookings submitted by the customer for accuracy and completeness
• Manages the Booking Team Mail Box for customer requests
• Requests and follows up on customer rate requests
• Provides support for Customer Service and Shipment Services teams
• Delivers front-line support to the customer
• Responds to each customer contact with courtesy and professionalism (telephone, email, Etc.)
• Builds and enhances customer relationships at every touch point with our customers
• Informs customers of the applicable policies, regulations and rules that affect their shipments
• Promotes electronic (Website and EDI) ways of doing business with TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
• Provides information to customers related to sailing schedules, equipment availability, container status, Routing, rates etc.
• Builds positive and collaborative relationships with internal employees and internal departments on a continuous basis
• Pursues continual learning opportunities pertaining to industry standards, regulatory requirements and general industry training
• Identifies personal mistakes or errors in bookings processes and proactively works to avoid reoccurrences
• Effectively multi-tasks between the different modes of communication and methods of booking
• Applicant must possess at least a high school diploma with one year of college or equivalent preferred.