Company: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: February 1, 2021
Company Description: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services’ dynamic service-driven team provides a suite of support services including Accounting, Finance, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), HSQE, Legal/Risk, Fleet Monitoring and Business Development to Saltchuk Marine operating companies: Foss Maritime, AmNav, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge, and Young Brothers. Our team enables our sister companies to focus on the important work of keeping ships and cargo moving safely. SMSS is headquartered in Downtown Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood with easy transit access and a beautiful view of Puget Sound.
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
- Evaluates jobs, prices and processes invoices.
- Reviews contracts in order to maintain internal, regional rate tables Cross trains with other billing team members including knowledge of their invoice processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with sales, customer service and operations on daily basis for detailed information and special instructions necessary to perform invoice processing.
- Monitors fuel price guidelines for invoicing.
- Responds to on-going customer invoice requests/inquires, invoice adjustment processes and invoice emailing requirements.
- Provide support to the sales and finance department with special reports as requested, including:
- Historical rate and/or fuel price information
- Revenue breakdown and analysis
- Coordinates with accounts receivable department to set-up new customer accounts and/or make changes to an account.
- Participates in month-end accounting close procedures including:
- preparation of revenue accruals by region and profit center
- monthly internal billing adjustment report
- Commission reports
- Prepares monthly customer incentive and billing reports.
- Provides weekly update of fuel price guidelines used for pricing.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving, mathematical and organizational skills.
- Basic accounting, computer systems and state & federal law requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills/abilities.
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret contracts.
This position generally requires a high school diploma or GED and two to three years of related experience. College degree preferred. Work is mostly performed in a normal office environment. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.