Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: August 25, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
- Evaluates jobs, prices and processes invoices.
- Reviews contracts in order to maintain internal, regional rate tables Cross trains with other billing team members including knowledge of their invoice processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with sales, customer service and operations on daily basis for detailed information and special instructions necessary to perform invoice processing.
- Monitors fuel price guidelines for invoicing.
- Responds to on-going customer invoice requests/inquires, invoice adjustment processes and invoice emailing requirements.
- Provide support to the sales and finance department with special reports as requested, including:
- Historical rate and/or fuel price information
- Revenue breakdown and analysis
- Coordinates with accounts receivable department to set-up new customer accounts and/or make changes to an account.
- Participates in month-end accounting close procedures including:
- preparation of revenue accruals by region and profit center
- monthly internal billing adjustment report
- Commission reports
- Prepares monthly customer incentive and billing reports.
- Provides weekly update of fuel price guidelines used for pricing.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving, mathematical and organizational skills.
- Basic accounting, computer systems and state & federal law requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills/abilities.
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret contracts.
This position generally requires a high school diploma or GED and two to three years of related experience. College degree preferred. Work is mostly performed in a normal office environment. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.