Company: Delta Western
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative
Publish Date: August 14, 2019
Company Description: Delta Western is the largest independent distributor of fuel and lubricants in Alaska. With the best customer service in the business, our company has become a household name in over 250 Alaskan communities. DWP travels waterways throughout Alaska to service some of the most remote communities in the state. The company safely navigates unique and challenging river and weather conditions. It is a lifeline to these locations, delivering a whole year’s supply of heating fuel, power generation fuel, unleaded gasoline, and lubricants. Lubricants are also distributed throughout the state from our distribution facilities, freight barge, and trucks on the Railbelt highway system. The company’s core belief is that safety is our first priority. Our Safety Management System includes continuous improvement, employee involvement at all levels, and aligning employee goals with company goals. DWP gives back to the communities it serves by supporting many charitable organizations, including donating $150,000 in scholarships for local high school students. Additionally, each of our remote sites supports charitable organizations through mentoring, volunteerism, and fundraising, making a personal difference in the communities they serve.
This position is responsible for reception and billing duties at the facility.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Answers phones and greets customers.
- Cross trains in invoicing and dispatching duties
- Routes incoming mail and faxes
- Applies payments to customer’s accounts.
- Scans daily paperwork
- Handles invoice mailings
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Handles warehouse products invoicing and quotes.
- Learns to work with Microsoft Excel and MAS 200.
- Maintains copier, printer, fax, and other misc. electronic equipment for paper, ink, or troubleshooting.
- Records orders for products and communicates the orders to the appropriate person(s).
- Performs occasional errands outside the office.
- Completes misc. office tasks data compiling and invoicing.
- Participates in safety meetings and reports all injuries, spills and property damage. Identifies and communicates job hazards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Education: High school diploma or GED; and 2 years office experience, or a combination of education and experience.