AAC Authorized Inspector HNL
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: August 23, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
The Authorized Inspector performs inspection functions on all company aircraft and engines in accordance with company policies and procedures as outlined in the company General Maintenance Manual and aircraft maintenance manuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Ensures compliance with FAA Regulations, manufacturer’s service bulletins, and Company Operations Specifications pertaining to Company aircraft and aircraft components, thereof.
2. Ensures inspection completion on all required inspection items (RII) as listed in the Company General Maintenance Manual and reviews all maintenance paperwork, routine and non-routine work items, pilot reports and deferred maintenance items for completion to determine the aircraft airworthiness prior to the maintenance release of the aircraft
3. Keeps current on all manual revisions, changes in company policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations
4. Submits recommendations and changes in maintenance and inspection procedures that will improve company maintenance policies and procedures and also reports any airworthiness or safety related items that are brought to their attention
5. Refers any disagreements of the findings or decisions made by an Authorized Inspector to the Director of Quality Control and will perform maintenance on company aircraft and aircraft components including but not limited to, periodic aircraft service checks, aircraft line maintenance, servicing and dispatch, aircraft and aircraft component overhaul, repair, disassembly, assembly and general maintenance.
6. Signs for and is accountable for all work accomplished on company aircraft and components
7. Assists the Supply department for shipment and receiving of aircraft parts. Assure through receiving inspection that incoming parts and material conform to Aloha Air Cargo specifications and standards. Ensures all AOG parts receive immediate attention and get released for use by maintenance.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must possess valid FAA A&P license.
• Requires 3 years experience as an A&P performing maintenance on aircraft operating in an FAA Part 121 operation.
• Able to sign for and be held accountable for all work accomplished on company aircraft and components.
• Must be able to lift 70Lbs, climb ladders, work in outside environment, and not be color blind