ASSISTANT TRAINING MANAGER
Company: Minit Stop
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service, Leadership, Management
Publish Date: October 13, 2021
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
We are looking for an Assistant Training Manager who will be responsible for training new hires as well as current employees on operational practices, Minit Stop’s culture programs, customer service programs and initiatives. In addition, the incumbent will team up with Store Management personnel to properly and efficiently operate the store. In addition the incumbent will be performing hands on training with new hires in our stores. Hands-on operational duties include; cashiering, cooking as well as cleaning and stocking.
To apply for this job please visit www.hawaiipetroleum.com.
- High School Diploma. Minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory role in retail (c-store), food service, and/or gas station experience.
- Experience as a trainer desirable. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Must be able to coach, motivate and delegate work to others.
- Computer experience; Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Familiarity with point of sale systems desirable.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills and be able to work varied hours as oversee store operations and personnel as required.
- Must have a valid type 3 driver’s license and be able to travel from one store location to another as well as travel to other islands as required.
- Competitive wages
- 401K with Company matching
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick
- Employee Preferred HFN Program
- Quarterly Bonus Program
COVID vaccination required.
Interested candidates may complete an application online and upload their resume at: http://www.hawaiipetroleum.com/careers/
Hawaii Petroleum LLC is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities