Assistant Director of Human Resources and Finance
Location: San Pedro
Company: The Jankovich Company
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Human Resources
Publish Date: June 7, 2021
Company Description: Founded in 1933, the Jankovich Company is a family-owned and operated company built on the pillars of safety, sustainability, integrity, and service. Guided by these unwavering principles, we have established customer-based solutions for your Lubricants, Fuels, Supply, and Equipment needs, for both Land and Marine applications. With strategically located facilities throughout Southern California, we serve Land and Marine customers from the Pacific Ocean to the Nevada desert, and from the Mexican border to the San Francisco Bay.
The Jankovich Company
Established in 1933, The Jankovich Company serves land and marine customers from the Pacific Ocean to the Nevada desert and from the Mexican border to the San Francisco Bay. With strategically located facilities throughout Southern California, our family-owned culture was built on the pillars of safety, sustainability, integrity, and service and on the core value of taking responsibility and engaging with its employees, customers, and communities which we honor to this day. Because we are committed to providing the safest and most innovative fuel services to our customers, we’re intentional about every single hire we make. If our mission and values resonate with you, reach out to us. We want to get to know you, and we want you to get to know us, too.
We are looking for an Assistant Director of HR & Finance to join our leadership team. The dynamic individual chosen for this position will be responsible for providing highly responsible and complex management support to the Director of HR & Finance in planning, directing, managing, and overseeing the activities and operations within the Department. Key responsibilities of this hybrid position will include overseeing day-to-day accounting functions including payroll, implementing processes, training and initiatives to support the company’s accounting and human resource compliance and strategy needs. This position is responsible for leading and overseeing staff. The ideal candidate will have experience with human resource administration practices including significant experience with payroll and month end close.
Who You Are
An enthusiastic self-starter, well-organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and ideas concurrently. You thrive working in a deadline-driven and collaborative environment. You know a thing or two about accounting operations and human resource administration.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Directing, motivating, and developing accounting team to support operations efficiently and effectively.
- Managing general work procedures and all activities necessary to process company payroll accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensuring timely and accurate month end close.
- Applying continuous improvement mindset to develop and enhance processes.
- Working cooperatively with other divisions and management, i.e., create effective partnerships throughout organization.
- Providing supervisory leadership in monitoring the workload and job priorities within the accounting team.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work directly with executive leadership and manage external key relationships with vendors, suppliers and customers.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and decision-support roles.
- Demonstrable experience managing staff and building teams.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Compensation – $80,000 to $100,000+ DOE
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Company Provided Lunch Daily
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.