Applications Interface Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: November 9, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Winner of the NBRI Circle of Excellence Award! “This award recognizes organizations that place a high value on employee experience and customer experience. These organizations demonstrate their dedication by conducting best in class survey research with NBRI and taking action based upon the results.”
- Wellness Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan- after 2 years, 100% of 3% of eligible compensation
- Vacation Accrual
- 7 Holidays
Note: This is a teleworking position.
This position requires a technically competent critical thinker with a strong business acumen who is proficient at learning, extending, and extracting insights from enterprise business applications in order to support the business in the efficient use of the application. Works under general supervision; may provide coaching and/or mentoring to others.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Develop ad-hoc SQL queries to extract, analyze, and disseminate information as required by business stakeholders
- Define, develop, test and implement a wide spectrum of basic business reports using standardized reporting technologies
- Produce technical documentation and user guides for new and existing applications
- Provide reference for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of business processes through better utilization of software systems
- Participate and be involved in the evaluation, design and implementation of new IT projects and software products
- Assist with defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports and recommending actions
- Provides effective troubleshooting and problem resolution for software application issues
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Be available for a rotating after hours work schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Computer Science required
- Two to four years of business, applications or system analysis experience required
- Previous experience in transportation and logistics strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES
- Able to write, execute and debug basic SQL statements in order to extract, review, and understand data
- Analysis and innovative problem solving skills using a systems thinking approach a must
- Proficient in the use of Business Intelligence and Reporting Applications (SAP Crystal Reports strongly preferred)
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Analysis and innovative problem solving skills using a systems thinking approach
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal, written, listening and the ability to interact with people
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work with other departments and organizations and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to transfer software applications knowledge to end users
- Working knowledge of mathematical applications
Employees selected for positions that are designated as Teleworkers as Condition of Employment are required to telework and must establish their ability to meet the conditions of teleworking, including having a designated work location where they can work safely without interruption, distraction, or undue risk of injury to self or third parties, and with reliable high speed phone and internet access.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.