Aircraft Mechanic HNL
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: September 3, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
The Mechanic reports to the Crew Chief. The Mechanic is responsible for all maintenance activities assigned to them.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Initiate, execute and sign forms, tags, and other paperwork in accordance with the appropriate maintenance manuals. Review all paperwork for completeness and signatures. Release aircraft for service in accordance with Aloha Air Cargo or contract carrier’s Maintenance Log procedures.
2. Is a working member of the group.
3. Performs all duties and special assignments as directed by the Crew Chief or Supervisor – Line Maintenance.
4. To provide assistance in interpretation and resolution of aircraft discrepancies.
5. Makes certain that all safety and accident prevention measures are followed and correction action taken as warranted.
6. Responsible for repairing, servicing and maintenance of aircraft systems, powerplants, airframe, avionics and components.
7. Accountable for the general up keep of ground equipment in support of all Line Maintenance activities assigned to them.
8. Accountable for production and assistance in interpretation and resolution of aircraft discrepancies.
9. Accountable for proper use and maintenance of equipment that’s used to service, maintain and repair aircraft.
10. Shall be responsible for any additional duties delegated by the Crew Chief, Supervisor – Line Maintenance or Maintenance Management personnel.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and current Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
• Two years A&P experience preferred.
• Previous electrical and avionics experience desired.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.