Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Maintenance
Publish Date: April 22, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great opportunity with growing air cargo company providing essential services in Alaska and beyond! Work on 737 jet aircraft. Minimum starting pay is $33/hour plus DOE. Comprehensive benefit package, including travel benefits. Dynamic environment with strong safety culture.
This position performs assigned maintenance on Company aircraft, engines, and engine components. All functions are completed with the highest regard for safety and adherence to all applicable policies and regulations. Contribute to a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Perform maintenance on Company aircraft, engines and aircraft components including but not limited to periodic aircraft service checks, aircraft line maintenance, servicing and dispatch.
- Aircraft and aircraft component overhaul, repair, disassemble, assemble and general maintenance.
- Perform all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with Company maintenance manuals, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Company policies and procedures and all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Notify the Lead Mechanic and/or Inspector whenever inspection is required before completion of an assigned task.
- Sign for and be held accountable for all work accomplished on company aircraft and components.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Be reliable and maintain regular attendance/punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED is required, college preferred.
- Must have valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Licenses.
- Prefer experience with 737-300 and/or 400 aircraft.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Need good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive TSA clearance to operate in a secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the Maintenance Department and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in the maintenance hangar or outdoor airline ramp.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions (cold and heat), wet surfaces and icy conditions.
- Will be working around stationary and moving aircraft and aircraft ground equipment.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required.
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (full range of motion); climb or balance; and stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- May be required to work in confined spaces for extended periods
- The employee must have the ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to two hours.
- The employee will need to see, speak and hear.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.