Aircraft Engine & Landing Gear Management Specialist
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Maintenance
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Are you an experienced aircraft mechanic with Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) or expertise in power plant systems? Do you enjoy a dynamic environment? Northern Air Cargo is growing! This is a new position in our Quality Control Department.
Part of Aircraft Maintenance Quality Control Department. Reviews engine and landing gear records for aircraft acquisitions. Performs TRAX (aviation maintenance software) and Excel functions related to the buildup of engines and landing gears. Manages Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) data in approved and authorized Outside Maintenance Provider Diagnostics System.
Northern Air Cargo is a subsidiary of Northern Aviation Services and part of the Saltchuk family of companies. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable aviation services for our customers and create a place for employees to build long-term careers. Northern Air Cargo services customers in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, South America and the Caribbean.
- Maintains engine and landing gear records within the Company TRAX database and applicable Excel Workbooks for all current and historical aircraft.
- Maintains all engine and landing gear original paperwork records, both historical and current, electronically.
- Creates and maintains buildup templates within TRAX and Excel workbooks for the engines and landing gears.
- Assists the Manager, Engineering by reviewing developed engineering orders for airworthiness directives, service bulletins, repairs, modifications/alterations and general maintenance tasks pertaining to engine and landing gears.
- Coordinates with the Director, Aircraft Technical Services and Manager, Engineering to update TRAX system with all new or revised engineering orders pertaining to engines and landing gears.
- Coordinates with the Director, Aircraft Technical Services to update TRAX and Excel with respect to all applicable airworthiness directives pertaining to engine and landing gears.
- Assists the Director, Aircraft Technical Services with the review of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and recommended actions.
- Provides monthly required reports to applicable Company personnel and or ensures reports are available to various departments that rely on information from the Aircraft Records department.
- Provides or ensures monthly utilization reports are provided to lessors, manufacturers and FAA as required.
- Ensures recording and upload of Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) data from aircraft flight logs or ACARS as applicable, to the Approved and Authorized Outside Maintenance Provider Diagnostics System.
- Informs Director, Aircraft Technical Services, Senior Director, Maintenance; Senior Director, Quality Control; and Superintendent, Maintenance in a timely manner of all generated alerts that exceed limitations.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Licenses.
- Have 4 years of experience with 14 CFR Part 121 Air Carrier.
- Must have training in Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) or 2-4 years troubleshooting power plant systems; working knowledge of gas turbine engines, test cell operations, experience and knowledge of gas turbine engine performance analysis, gas turbine engine troubleshooting and maintenance practices.
- Must have ability to learn TRAX maintenance tracking software or previous experience with similar software.
- Must have 5 years of experience using Excel and able to manipulate formulas.
- Knowledgeable of the Code of Federal Regulations, aviation safety standards, safe operating practices, the Company maintenance manuals, FAA approved Operations Specifications and applicable maintenance provisions of 14 CFR Part 121.
- Need strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive clearance from TSA to work in a secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations, manufacturers manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, policy manuals, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and other related materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the Maintenance / Quality Control Departments and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Office space is inside maintenance hangar building
· The employee is regularly required to sit and sometimes stand.
· The employee will need to see (including close vision), speak and hear.
· Manual dexterity is required for input into or manipulation of spreadsheets, composing composition and reports, etc.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.