Location: Dutch Harbor
Company: Delta Western
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: May 22, 2020
Company Description: Delta Western is the largest independent distributor of fuel and lubricants in Alaska. With the best customer service in the business, our company has become a household name in over 250 Alaskan communities. DWP travels waterways throughout Alaska to service some of the most remote communities in the state. The company safely navigates unique and challenging river and weather conditions. It is a lifeline to these locations, delivering a whole year’s supply of heating fuel, power generation fuel, unleaded gasoline, and lubricants. Lubricants are also distributed throughout the state from our distribution facilities, freight barge, and trucks on the Railbelt highway system. The company’s core belief is that safety is our first priority. Our Safety Management System includes continuous improvement, employee involvement at all levels, and aligning employee goals with company goals. DWP gives back to the communities it serves by supporting many charitable organizations, including donating $150,000 in scholarships for local high school students. Additionally, each of our remote sites supports charitable organizations through mentoring, volunteerism, and fundraising, making a personal difference in the communities they serve.
This position assists the Dutch Harbor Terminal with all clerical and administrative needs.
- Answers telephone and greets customers and visitors.
- Provides clerical support, including data entry, invoicing and filing invoices
- Maintain office filing system, both paper files and electronic files.
- Dispatch boat arrivals to dock terminal.
- Processes order for fuel and package products.
- Maintain petty cash funds.
- Distributes incoming mail and maintains postage meter.
- Responsible in mailing out invoices, including hand deliveries.
- Errands could include bank deposits and picking up checks from customers.
- Assist in planning special events.
- Perform other duties assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED, and 2+ years experience, or a combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Alaska State Driver’s License