Accounts Receivable Technician
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: June 7, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service and problem resolution skills. Growing air cargo company with dynamic environment!
This position is responsible for assisting the company in supporting and ensuring Northern Air Cargo’s payment terms using accurate documentation and developing positive relationships with all customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities AND Results
- Performs general accounting functions including the following:
- The ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast – paced (high volume transaction) environment is essential
- Invoicing and posting of air waybills within computer systems
- Highly self-motivated with great communication skills
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with customers and other departments within the company
- Ability to work within a strong teamwork environment
- Research and resolve customer account discrepancies
- Accurate data entry and record keeping
- Customer statement processing and distribution
- Participates in and supports process improvement and system enhancement projects, and proactively identify ongoing opportunities for such improvements (e.g. accounts receivable workflow)
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Need at least one year of closely related customer service and administrative/office experience.
- Prefer 1 year of Accounts Receivable and 2+ years customer service experience; any collections background extremely helpful
- Good math, verbal and writing skills
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate in a positive manner
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Availability to work extra hours when the need arises
- Be able to handle miscellaneous projects as business needs require
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
Positions at this level have moderate decision-making authority. Actions taken by this position can impact receivables bottom line and affect customer relationships. Required to apply and interpret data, facts, situations, procedures and policy.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with customers and staff throughout the organization. This position is expected to solve problems within policy guidelines while communicating with management within the division.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month as attention to detail with invoicing, aging and customer needs must be accurate.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Working under a deadline and/or stressful situations.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.