Accounts Receivable Specialist III
Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: September 9, 2020
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the primary responsibility of this position is to perform shared service accounts receivable tasks for NorthStar Energy. The Accounts Receivable Specialist III will be responsible for certain billing, cash application, and other accounts receivable processing tasks.
- Perform daily billing, invoicing processing, and cash application procedures
- Complete customer disputes and billing corrections as assigned to ensure timely resolution
- Processing and distribution of invoices and statements to customers including entering invoices on customer portals
- Support accounting manager’s team goals to ensure timeliness of billing and cash application
- Work with operations, sales, and collections teams to resolve any customer claims or disputes
- Develop key relationships with site personnel to ensure seamless handoff between site and corporate office
- Assist in writing standard process documentation and customer specific billing procedures
- Support NorthStar’s success by building relationships with customers through timely and accurate responses to customer request
- Assist with month-end closing, internal controls and year end audit
- Assist with special ad hoc projects as needed
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 3+ years of hands on experiences in accounts receivable, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented and has the ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong prioritization, organization and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook
Key Qualities: The ideal candidate demonstrates collaboration skills with colleagues and customers; a strong level of commitment and personal agency to create positive outcomes; and high ethical standards.