Accounts Receivable Specialist II
Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: January 7, 2021
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
This position performs a variety of accounts receivable tasks for the accounting department.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Read and interpret billing contracts.
- Process and track customer billings.
- Enter invoices into customer portals for invoicing.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Post revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Maintain detailed records for each customer.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Rebill customers if necessary and maintain documentation for the entries.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Process, print and prepare customer statement to distribute.
- Process and research for multiple bank account reconciliations.
- Process monthly write-offs.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
- All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and 2 years office or accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Strong verbal and written communication skills with external and internal customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: An individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word.