Accounts Payable Technician II
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative
Publish Date: December 17, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Essential Job Responsibilities AND Results
- Level II: The intermediate level technician will perform the full range of accounts payable duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision including the following:
- Perform duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Assist in month/quarter/year-end closing procedures.
- Research, resolve, and communicate discrepancies and outstanding balances on vendor accounts to upper management.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining AP aging for all companies.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Associates’ Degree or higher in accounting strongly preferred.
- Level II requires 3 years of related accounting experience. Up to two years of accounting-related education may be counted towards experience requirement.
- In addition to time requirements, applicants must have work experience that demonstrates proficiency with tasks in preceding job level.
- Experience supporting AP for multiple companies.
- Knowledge of airfreight transportation preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP, Concur, and/or TRAX preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently.
- Strong data entry and 10-key skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and makes decisions in logical and rational manner
Positions at this level have moderate decision-making authority. Actions taken by this position can impact financial reporting and require the application and interpretation of data, facts, situations, procedures and policy.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization. This position is expected to solve problems within policy guidelines while communicating with management within the division.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month as the financial records are closed and analyzed.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.