Accounts Payable Support Specialist
Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: October 12, 2020
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
Are you detail oriented?
Are you a team player and self-driven?
Are you proactive and enjoy multi-tasking?
If you answered yes to these questions, TOTE is looking for an Accounts Payable Support Specialist like YOU!
What does an Accounts Payable Support Specialist do?
The Accounts Payable Support Specialist requires excellent communication, documentation, time management skills, and the ability to work well with a team. This position is responsible for performing all accounts payable support activities. Including, but not limited to, creating and maintaining the vendor master file, opening and sorting Accounts Payable mail, scanning invoices into imaging system and reconciling vendor statements. Candidates will be expected to show personal initiative and assume primary ownership for these duties.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Support Specialist. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for updating and safeguarding the vendor master file:
- Review new vendor packets for completion; work with vendors to obtain missing documents
- Verbally confirm and document all additions and changes to sensitive vendor information to identify fraudulent requests
- Accurately enter the information into the accounting system
- Confirm accuracy of information identified by imaging system and make corrections as needed
- Open, sort and scan physical and electronic accounts payable mail into imaging system
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers/vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounts payable experience (2 years)
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Ability to propose practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Must be a team player