Accounts Payable Associate
Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: March 13, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Associate. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
This position is responsible for performing day-to-day accounts payable duties, including the accurate processing and review of invoices for payment.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Route payables invoices through the document imaging system.
- Facilitate or issue resolution on misrouted or rejected invoices.
- Match purchase order invoices into purchase order systems.
- Audit of coded and approved invoices to ensure accurate interface into accounts payable system.
- Review payments produced by the accounts payable system for accuracy and match to supporting documentation.
- Communicate with internal customers and vendors regarding payables issues.
Background Preferred (but not required)
- Associate’s degree desired (in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field).
- Two years accounts payable experience desired.
- Experience in CargoWise Freight Management System and Enterprise Asset Management is a plus.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Good accounting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a team player and reinforce colleague experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with an emphasis on overall customer experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Experience with imaging systems a plus
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.