Accounts Payable Analyst
Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: April 11, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Analyst. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
This position is responsible for the well-organized, day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of the accounts payable imaging system. The successful candidate will provide by-the-book training, troubleshooting, and imaging system improvements to ensure high-quality results are achieved. Responsibilities also include assisting the Accounting Services Manager through auditing and reviewing data with a keen attention to detail, process improvements, and supporting the team and other internal customers with questions and issues.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Conscientious maintenance of the operating tables and workflow queues within the imaging system (companies, departments, users, coders, approvers, etc.).
- Diligently manage and resolve all imaging system error queues.
- Audit coded and approved invoices to ensure accurate interface into the accounts payable system and record relevant metrics to drive process improvements.
- Oversee routing, coding and approval of payables invoices through the document imaging system.
- Troubleshoot system issues, enter and follow up on tickets with the appropriate help desk.
- Provide helpful, clear training on the imaging system to all new users. Provide ad hoc and team training to current users as requested.
- Assist team members and other internal users to resolve questions and issues regarding the imaging system as well as general accounts payable questions.
- Analytical, problem-solving to improve issues that cause misrouting of invoices including training and creation of reference documents.
- Assist the Accounting Services Manager with accounts payable process improvements to improve accuracy and efficiency as well as documentation of processes.
- Maintain updated e-mail distribution lists by company and role to facilitate communications with all imaging system users regarding system issues and changes.
- Participate in the design, testing, and implementation of imaging system upgrades, changes and reports.
- Perform audits of the accounts payable mailbox and other accounts payable areas as directed by the Accounting Services Manager.
- Associate degree required (accounting or finance).
- Three years accounts payable experience.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Working knowledge of accounting and imaging software.
- Attention to detail.
- Good accounting skills.
- Must be a team player and reinforce colleague experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with an emphasis on overall customer experience.
- Able to establish strong relationships and motivate others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.