Accounts Coordinator – Deluxe Freight – Miami Job ID 9326
Company: Deluxe Freight
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Deluxe Freight has the experience, knowledge and resources relating to all aspects of transportation and logistics. We have the track record and infrastructure to provide an all-embracing service at a competitive price. The growth and business objectives of our clients are ours too - and it’s one of the many reasons customers of all sizes throughout the Cayman Islands have Deluxe as their first choice in freight forwarding. When you become part of the Deluxe Freight family you’ll be assigned a dedicated cargo agent with full knowledge of your business, as well as your specific logistics needs and corporate culture. Not only will you receive customized service, but you’ll also have access to 24 hour online live tracking so you can see all pertinent cargo that’s on hand with just a few clicks. Deluxe Freight has offered exclusive freight forwarding solutions to the Cayman Islands since 1996 and has built a reputation of providing white-glove service.
Provides all logistical assistance to Customers without freight forwarders. Responsible for the smooth movement of cargo from pick up through vessel loading once the booking and routing have been completed. Ensures that all documentation is in order and scanned into TLink to allow for completion of EEI filings, Bills of Lading, and any other required documents..
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Updates jobs, partner profiles, rating of jobs, and consolidation of jobs in TLink. Scans all documents into TLink under proper classifications in time for EEI and CTL/CTS cut-offs.
- Monitors TLink workplans for receipt of LCL cargo and tracks down required export documents. Liaises with warehouse staff to ensure received cargo is correct and ready for loading.
- Contacts Customers to acquire proper documentation for export of cargo.
- Contacts Customers to arrange pick up of FCL containers from shipper/suppliers and updates information into TLink. Assists Customers with logistics for both FCL and LCL cargo.
- Reviews jobs for CTL/CTS status changes and liaises with Control Center of CTS of FCL cargo.
- Informs Customers on Tropical services such as National Pick up, Intermodal, Insurance and provides terms and rates. Also quotes rates on prepaid shipments.
- Consolidates cargo as requested by Customer in accordance with consolidation agreements and guidelines.
- Files EEI with US Census on behalf of Customer and reviews and corrects EEIs prepared by documentation team.
- Applies payment of freight charges to Carrier Release.
- Assists Ports with inquiries on cargo status and tracking.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||One to three years of experience in export documentation and Tropical services.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License.|
|PHYSICAL:||Office Environment - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer. Ability to bend or stoop to retrieve lower shelf files. Ability to reach overhead to retrieve upper shelf files. Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of day. Ability to work on feet for 1/3 - 2/3 day. Operations Environment - Ability to bend, stoop, climb to record cargo information for shipping.|