Accounting Clerk III
Company: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: October 15, 2021
Company Description: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services’ dynamic service-driven team provides a suite of support services including Accounting, Finance, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), HSQE, Legal/Risk, Fleet Monitoring and Business Development to Saltchuk Marine operating companies: Foss Maritime, AmNav, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge, and Young Brothers. Our team enables our sister companies to focus on the important work of keeping ships and cargo moving safely. SMSS is headquartered in Downtown Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood with easy transit access and a beautiful view of Puget Sound.
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record and store information.
- Posts details of business transactions such as allotments, disbursements, pay and expense vouchers and remittances paid and due to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Assigns codes, identifies accounts, and prepares data transaction sheets.
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and arithmetic accuracy of account documents and makes adjustments.
- Identifies and resolves client billing and other credit-related problems.
- Prepares daily cash receipts for deposit and client account posting.
- Processes and maintains month-end reports.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving, mathematical and organizational skills.
- Basic accounting, computer systems and state & federal law requirements.
- Verbal and written communications abilities.
This position generally requires a high school diploma and three to four years of related experience. Basic computer navigation skills and general knowledge of business software programs such as Excel and Word is required. Knowledge of accounting software a plus.
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. SMSS is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.