Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: May 1, 2019
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Under general direction, performs a broad range of Accounts Payable processing functions requiring extensive familiarity with, and experience in, accounting office practices. As a Accounting Clerk you will provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. This position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Reconciles both Purchase Order (PO) and Non PO invoices and researches discrepancies in order to pay vendors timely.
- Responds to vendor inquiries including researching returned payments/refunds.
- Communicates with internal Business Partners and teams to resolve payment discrepancies.
- Resolves disputes with vendors in a professional and timely manner.
- Reviews and clears outstanding open liabilities, credits and refunds.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Participates in appropriate meetings for process improvements.
- Documents process changes and procedures.
- Participates in month end tasks and inquiries.
- Trains and mentors new staff, when needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving, mathematical, organizational and time management skills.
- Basic accounting, computer systems.
- Verbal and written communications abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service mindset.
- Reliable, accountable and can work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets while ensuring accuracy.
- Has a positive attitude and determination.
- Shows initiative and pro-activeness.
- Resourceful and solutions driven.
- High School Degree or GED.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or combination of experience and education equivalent.
- Experience working in a fast paced work environment.
- PC and keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office suite, specifically Excel.
Work is mostly performed in a normal office environment. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement. Some overtime may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The work day usually has a high number of interruptions and priority changes necessitating the need to remain flexible and focused in order to accomplish tasks. Overtime is required as necessary to meet reporting deadlines or to complete special projects.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.