ACCOUNT MANAGER (West Hawaii)
Location: Kailua Kona
Company: Hawaii Petroleum
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service, Sales
Publish Date: January 11, 2021
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
Do you have a sales background? We are looking for an Account Manager who will work on the West side of the Big Island, developing new prospects and interacting with existing customers to increase sales of wholesale petroleum products.
To apply for this job please visit www.hawaiipetroleum.com.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships and services customer accounts.
- Originates, structures and assists in negotiating contracts and transactions. Also, assures that contracts and transactions are executed in a timely manner.
- Works with customer’s representative to develop services to provide customers a solution to their needs.
- Actively checks on competitive activity and assists in the development of new methods of attaining and assisting customers.
- Understands and communicates pricing fundamentals as well as services offered by company.
- Follows safety guidelines and standards set by the company.
- Must be able to work required work schedule.
- Attends all required training sessions.
- Complies with all Company’s Rules of Conduct, policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act, must be reported to Human Resources.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess high level of integrity and adaptability.
- Must be motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Experience in the petroleum industry a plus.
- High working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of standard office equipment such as computer, copier and fax machine.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English clearly.
- Associates Degree or equivalent required. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hawaii Petroleum, LLC is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities...