Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Sales, Trucking
Publish Date: January 17, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible generating new business and maintaining an existing account base from assigned territory.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for meeting annual revenue objectives
- Execute the business plan by identifying and developing new, profitable business and maintaining and servicing existing accounts
- Effective use of CRM to communicate sales, business and financial opportunities to the team
- Represent Carlile by attending various industry and community functions.
- Daily interaction, via personal visits and phone calls, with current and potential accounts to develop relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Participates in contract negotiations and quote process with current and potential accounts
- Solicit business from potential customers, by cold-calling and following up on sales leads
- Daily administrative duties, including timely and accurate daily sales call reports, budget forecasts, and expense reports; maintain territory account listings and individual account profiles
- Identify, monitor and report market potential of customers in the assigned territory
- Report on developing market conditions, service issues and competitive activities to include pricing actions that impact Carlile Transportation
- Develop annual goals in support of Corporate and Sales Division objectives
- Manage discretionary general and administrative spending levels within budget
- Represent Carlile Transportation in a professional manner
- Be available for flexible work schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or related discipline required; supply chain management preferred
- Three to five years sales experience, with at least one year in the transportation industry preferred
- Valid drivers license with own transportation