AAC Staff Engineer
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: November 18, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, the largest air cargo company in Hawaii, has a strong reputation in the communities in which we operate. Our employees appreciate the positive impact they make in peoples' lives by providing an essential service. Our employees value the industry, the culture, and each other. The compensation, medical, and retirement benefits we offer reflect our commitment to supporting our team's financial and personal wellbeing. When you join our organization, we commit to you and your family to maintain an ethical, high-integrity, and safe work environment. Aloha Air Cargo is a place where your contributions are valued and a place where you would be proud to have your children work.
Aloha Air Cargo
The Staff Engineers report to the Director of Maintenance. The Staff Engineers are responsible for managing and coordinating all Engineering support related matters for the Operations department, and all technical issues related to configuration management, airframe modifications, and technical document amendments.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Provides liaison in engineering matters with FAA and ATA. Evaluates all Ads issued and implements compliance through the company. Evaluates all ATA, Engineering and Maintenance Memos, and AD memos issued and prepares replies as to the company’s position. Evaluates all manufacturer’s service bulletins, service letters, and engineering and maintenance publications regarding design modification.
- Coordinates development of avionics and system modifications to increase fleet reliability and to manage aircraft configuration standardization.
- Assists Maintenance in troubleshooting chronic system discrepancies. Corresponds with OEMs and vendors for repair requests and manages repair responses with Line Maintenance as required.
- Provide AOG support to line maintenance.
- Reviews, Evaluates, and coordinates circulation of technical requirements among the respective maintenance principles for review.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planning to ensure company compliance with mandated inspections, repairs, and alterations, as required for aircraft and systems. Also coordinates technical assistance for Maintenance, Quality, Reliability, Aircraft Records, and Maintenance Training as required.
- Develops annual Engineering budget, schedule of yearly projects and engineering manpower requirements. Develops detailed long range plans for Engineering support, including organization constraints, manpower requirements, and facility and tooling shortfalls.
- Maintains relationships with representatives of airframe manufacturer, support vendors, and other airlines regarding new equipment, technical support, and other related matters
- Reviews all Airworthiness Directives, Final Rules, NPRMs, Time-Limited Repairs, and Major Repairs received to:
- Establish Applicability
- Initiate AD Compliance Flow to disseminate compliance criteria of the Airworthiness Directive.
- Method of Compliance – initiate ECO, Fleet Inspection, or incorporation into Maintenance Program.
- Prepares and coordinates all engine and APU repair, modification, and inspection work specifications, including Maintenance Task Cards and Task Forms.
- Shall be responsible for additional duties delegated by the Senior Director – Maintenance & Engineering.
- High School equivalency and a four (4) year Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or Aeronautics) from an accredited university or equivalent work experience required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- Working knowledge of Gas Turbine engines and troubleshooting practices required.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations, Boeing, Pratt & Whitney, and other manufacturers maintenance and repair procedures required.
- Five (5) years of trouble-shooting aircraft systems, avionics, and power plant systems preferred.
- Experience with analysis of airframe repairs and engine condition monitoring preferred.
- Engine Condition monitoring and specialized training from Boeing performance Engine-software course, Pratt & Whitney, Honeywell, Rockwell Collins, or other OEM preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD, and Maintenix preferred.