AAC FT Service Desk Analyst – Honolulu
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: June 2, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, the largest air cargo company in Hawaii, has a strong reputation in the communities in which we operate. Our employees appreciate the positive impact they make in peoples' lives by providing an essential service. Our employees value the industry, the culture, and each other. The compensation, medical, and retirement benefits we offer reflect our commitment to supporting our team's financial and personal wellbeing. When you join our organization, we commit to you and your family to maintain an ethical, high-integrity, and safe work environment. Aloha Air Cargo is a place where your contributions are valued and a place where you would be proud to have your children work.
Aloha Air Cargo
The Service Desk Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, investigative, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in addition to in-depth technical knowledge to identify, analyze, communicate and resolve incidents, problems and service requests in a timely and accurate fashion. The Service Desk Analyst will provide a single point of contact for users to receive support and maintenance while ensuring the secure, stable and efficient of IT services (computing, peripherals, mobile devices, applications, data and operating systems) so that end users can accomplish business tasks and maximize the benefit of IT service investments. Support efforts are realized through use of a wide variety of remote support tools, diagnostic systems, telephone, remote support, and ITSM tools.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
|· Receive, prioritize and respond to incoming calls, requests, and emails regarding IT incidents and requests.|
· Accurately record, track, document and close every service desk incident, problem and request details and problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful actions taken through to final resolution.
· Perform onsite research, analysis, diagnosis, support, administration, remediation, escalation and resolution of complex IT incidents, problems and service requests for end users in a timely, customer focused and accurate fashion. Recommend and implement corrective solutions and process improvement as needed.
· Provide support on business applications to include project management, training, user acceptance testing, go-live and production support under the guidance of the Enterprise Applications Manager.
· Escalate, liaise, and directly participate with vendors and contractors to troubleshoot maintain and support IT services when required.
· Escalate and collaborate problems (when required) to members of ITS teams and other departments in the company to ensure efficient operation and timely resolution of IT services.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Installs and maintains structured network cabling and proximity access control systems.
· Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to desktops, laptops, including the installation of CPUs, cards, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, etc.
· Develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all computing equipment, software and peripheral devices including accurately documenting instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation and removal.
· Develop and maintain configuration items using ITSM solution.
· Research and apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Work and collaborate with ITS teams, Change Advisory Board members, and stakeholders to identify and resolve IT incidents in a timely and accurate manner.
· Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs. Make recommendations.
· Assist in hardware & software releases and roll-outs according to Change & Release management best practices and policies.
· Perform installations and configurations of software, hardware, and peripherals on workstations.
· Ensure that all workstation deployed and maintained according to approved and standard configurations.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including inspection, repair and cleaning of desktop computing, printers and peripheral devices.
· Tests solutions to ensure incidents and problems have been adequately resolved.
· Perform end of shift incident, problem and request debriefing, status and knowledge transfer.
· Provides knowledge transfer and support for fellow IT staff on operation of IT services.
· Submits resolutions in knowledge management database.
· Manages SLAs to meet customer’s expectations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
· At least 5 years of work experience in providing service desk and application support.
· Working knowledge of Windows environment, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy.
· Experience using Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN theory, Active Directory, Exchange, O365 environment.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
· Ability to perform duties under limited supervision.
· Independent problem-solving ability is critical.
· Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot common computer problems and to learn new systems on the job.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to focus and concentrate on details under pressure.
· Demonstrated capability to follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications and periodicals.
· Ability to write procedures and technical documentation.
· Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to user requests in a concise manner.
· Physical demands include the ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver in tight confined spaces.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, and to use hands and fingers for computer input.