AAC FT Crew Chief – HNL
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: November 23, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, the largest air cargo company in Hawaii, has a strong reputation in the communities in which we operate. Our employees appreciate the positive impact they make in peoples' lives by providing an essential service. Our employees value the industry, the culture, and each other. The compensation, medical, and retirement benefits we offer reflect our commitment to supporting our team's financial and personal wellbeing. When you join our organization, we commit to you and your family to maintain an ethical, high-integrity, and safe work environment. Aloha Air Cargo is a place where your contributions are valued and a place where you would be proud to have your children work.
Pay Rate: $17.63 + Quarterly Retention Bonus
Aloha Air Cargo
Crew Chief is a working member of the crew and is responsible for directing, coordinating, and leading ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo on the ramp.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
1. Routes inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations.
2. Receives counter orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and delivery to loading platform.
3. Assembles cargo according to destination.
4. Weighs items and determines cost, using established tariffs.
5. Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
6. Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
7. Prepares manifest to accompany shipments.
8. Adhere to required security procedures and hazardous material handling requirements.
9. Unloads inbound freight and notifies consignees on arrival of shipments and arranges for delivery to consignees.
10. Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
1. **Load Coordinator – Coordinate and supervise personnel in loading of our company aircraft during operations. When assigned as a crewmember, reports and be directly responsible to the Crew Chief.
2. **International Document Specialist – trained in handling all required documentation for International Customers/Carriers.
3. ** - a premium is paid for all hours worked as a Load Coordinator and/or International Document Specialist.
1. Have ability to withstand outdoor/adverse working conditions (i.e. noise/fumes/extreme temperatures/adverse weather, etc.)
2. Have ability to bend, stretch, lift, push, pull, or carry objects of 75lbs maximum weight
• High School diploma or equivalency
• Must be able to qualify and obtain an AOA badge and a U.S. Customs and Border Protection seal
• Available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
Aloha Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled