AAC Dispatch Supervisor – HNL
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: November 23, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, the largest air cargo company in Hawaii, has a strong reputation in the communities in which we operate. Our employees appreciate the positive impact they make in peoples' lives by providing an essential service. Our employees value the industry, the culture, and each other. The compensation, medical, and retirement benefits we offer reflect our commitment to supporting our team's financial and personal wellbeing. When you join our organization, we commit to you and your family to maintain an ethical, high-integrity, and safe work environment. Aloha Air Cargo is a place where your contributions are valued and a place where you would be proud to have your children work.
Aloha Air Cargo
Under the supervision and guidance of the Manager – Systems Control (Chief Dispatcher), supervises the day to day affairs of the Dispatchers.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Administrator for the following programs:
- a) Master Crew List
- b) Teledyne Weight and Balance Program
- c) NAVBLUE N-FP Program.
- d) Aero Data Performance Program
- e) AISR Weather Program
- f) Online Reporting Programs and Business Intelligence Projects
- g) DOT reporting and statistics
- Audits, implements, maintains, updates, modifies and monitors existing systems within the Dispatch department per IOSA standards.
- Maintains an electronic file that serves to flag any exceedance of FAA flight crewmember flight/duty/rest times.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher in the day to day affairs of Systems Control and the dispatchers exercising operational control in accordance with (OpSpecs A008).
- Issues Dispatch Memorandums to provide updated guidance to the FOM and Dispatch manuals.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher who supports the Chief Pilot and Director - Flight Operations in operational control oversight.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher to be a liaison with State, Federal, FAA, Aircraft Manufacturer and other vendor and support agencies.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher in developing training and compliance policy for operational control personnel.
- Monitors any changes in publications, regulations, and performance documents with the Chief Dispatcher.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher who is the focal point for any Operations engineering issues to include performance data, navigation procedure development, infrastructure (routes and airports) issues, NOTAMs, equipment specifications and requirements.
- Serves as a representative of the Chief Pilot or Director - Flight Operations in their absence.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all applicable safety management processes within their area of responsibilities.
- Hazard Identification and Safety Risk Assessment throughout the organization.
- Assuring the effectiveness of Safety Risk Controls
- Safety Risk Acceptance decisions
- Safety promotion
- Advising management, the Executive Team and the Accountable Executive on the performance of the SMS and any need for improvement
- Confirms approved Ground Deicing/Anti-Icing Program procedures are safely followed.
- Assists the Chief Dispatcher with any new operations programs and initiatives.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor Degree, preferred.
- Must have a FAA Aircraft Dispatch Certificate.
- Experience in Dispatch, Flight Operations or Air Traffic Control required.
- Must meet the FAR minimum requirements for a Dispatcher (14 CFR 121.641 and 121.463)
- Must be able to read and understand aviation text weather, maps, and weather graphics.
- Must be able to analyze route structure, weather conditions, aircraft capabilities and emergency situations to select the best course of action.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.