AAC Director of Maintenance
Company: Aloha Tech Ops
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance
Publish Date: September 3, 2020
Company Description: Aloha Tech Ops, headquartered in Honolulu, is the leading provider of aircraft maintenance and repair for commercial aircraft through Hawaii. Aloha Tech Ops is an FAA Safety Management system (SMS) participant with a FAA-certified Part 145 repair station. Our quality service extends to five airport locations: Honolulu, Oahu (HNL), Kahului, Maui (OGG), Hilo, Hawaii (ITO), Kailua-Kona, Hawaii (KOA) and Lihue, Kauai (LIH). ATO provides over 1,300 pre-departure checks monthly to its various customers as well as other maintenance and repair services. Our aircraft technicians, all licensed A & P, are highly skilled, thoroughly trained, and possess an average of more than 15 years of aircraft maintenance and repair experience. The staff includes Quality Assurance Managers, who routinely perform FAA customer and internal audits.
Aloha Tech Ops
Directs and coordinates activities of the maintenance division of Aloha Air Cargo and Aloha Tech Ops. This position aids the VP, Maintenance & Fleet Planning in formulating and administering maintenance and regulatory compliance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate directors or managers.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safety compliance of all maintenance department employees and ensuring all company equipment meets OSHA and other regulatory compliance rules. Responsible for conducting monthly departmental safety meetings and ensures documentation of the meeting and all personnel attendance.
- Establishes criteria for hiring personnel for maintenance department positions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, establishes the requirements for initial and recurrent training for all personnel involved in the maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspection of company aircraft.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, acts as a liason with all FAA officials.
- Ensures that the company aircraft are airworthy, clean and in compliance with Company standards and FAA regulations.
- Assists in all customer contract drafting and negotiations. Ensures compliance with all customer contractural requirements.
- Directs and coordinates activities of various maintenance departments, including Aloha Tech Ops to attain the goals and objectives for fleet reliability and customer requirements.
- Reviews and analyses all maintenance activities, cost efficiencies, support of flight operations, and forecast data to determine the departments progress toward its stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with departmental Directors, Managers and other essential personnel to review achievements, financial obligations necessary for the fleet and to discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or changing conditions.
- Assists in the development of policies and implements procedures to be followed by all personnel performing maintenance and other types of repairs or services at the main base and outer stations.
- Develops, monitors and executes budgetary policies pertaining to all Maintenance functions and assists the VP, Maintenance & Fleet Planning in the development of the Maintenance budget and completes monthly expense account reviews.
- Serves as member of management assigned to special studies and research for future business opportunities.
- In accordance with the 14 CFR Part 5 rule this is a key aviation safety-related position that is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of FAA Safety Management Systems (SMS) at Aloha Air Cargo. This is a 14 CFR Part 119 required management position, as well as a Part 145 management position.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Aviation Management degree preferred. Must have 10 years aviation maintenance experience or combination of education and experience and at least 3 years aviation related supervisory experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Requires computer skills and knowledge of specialized computer programs and software applicable to aircraft maintenance and operations.
- Hold a mechanic certificate with both airframe and power plant ratings, and have held these ratings for at least 10 years.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a position responsible for returning airplanes to service.